Monday, July 7, 2008

Whimsical Pukka Tukka


Haiiiiii everyone. Weekend was spent doing cooking ala Jamie Oliver's Pukka Tukka....not really....I didn't spend the whole weekend tho' (trying to over dramatize my cooking experience only wakakakakakak!).

I finally made good my promise to cook Janet, "sotong masak lemak kunyit cili api" , but I changed it to chicken (chicken cooked with tumeric coconut milk). The ingredients are as follows: Chicken, 2 inches fresh turmeric, a pinch of fresh turmeric leaves, "asam keping" (to give the broth its sour taste), 1/2 inch shrimp paste, 2 cups diluted coconut milk, chilles.


The result is as pic below. The photo is not very photogenic tho'. The first pic, is my garden helper, supershabbymom's daughter Hananh Sofea. She was very good in "helping" me to hold the turmeric, whilst I was digging from her mom's backyard. The problem was, she was so smitten with the turmeric, she won't let it go!


5 comments:

fabmom said...

wow!!! sedapnya..I can almost smell the aroma..masak lemak kunyit..huhu..

whimsical said...

wakakakakaka!au, eat at Janet's risk tho'.....

Val Aziz said...

I love masak lemak..normally i cook yg simple version sja..shortcut..nanti i rajin i cook yg full version lah..

Shabbymom said...

wow!!...ayam masak lamak eh?...nyaman tah?...c Pea bah as usual showing her peace sign using her jari kelingking!!!!

Unknown said...

The ayam masak lemak memang sedap, kawan-kawan! I devoured the whole thing in one big gulp...yummyyyyy!!!! Actually not the whole thing...I wanted to slurp the little gravy left in the tupperware, but Whimsy packed it away already. So being my usual polite self(ceh!!!)I pun diam2(konon). Thanks for the extra delicious dish Whimsy!