Monday, July 28, 2008

Say Cheese...

Food feast continued till Saturday, with different member. It was with Janet only. Yes people, the gluttony continued to the weekend.

Menu was courtesy of Miss Janet, it was cheese platter and fruits u’ol. Janet was so generous to bring the grapes, kiwis, cheeses (Blue vein, camembert, and 2 other cheeses that I don’t know the names, so let’s call them “moldy” cheeses).

Janet taught me to eat them with freshly baked bread (courtesy of Miss J as well), grapes and my pride and joy – the succulent and oh so pretty baby tomatoes! Yesssss, we were eating the toil of my sweats (the tomatoes, I meant, not the grapes, wakakakakak!).

OMG, the blue cheese, OMG, I guess it really is an acquired taste. Nope I didn’t like it. I couldn’t find the right words to describe it, the closest is something like a very pungent, smelly, like the insect “Posisang” (somebody please translate what is posisang hahahahahah!). But the other cheeses, me likey!

We didn’t have wines though’, I didn’t expect Miss J to bring the cheese platter, next time ah Miss J. The feast ended with a cookery class. Miss J tought me to cook custard. Now I know how to make custard, my very very very fav in the world (among my many fav..)
Did some re arrangement of a small corner at home. Love the effect of light peeping thoough lacy curtains. This pic, has got nothing to do with the cheese platter wakakakakakak!

Yup people, tht is a glimpse of Miss J at the far end.

Bird's eye view...hehehehe. I m still in love with the color of my tomatoes. Coral pink kan. Last count yesterday from the tomato plant, there are still 20 tomatoes in different stages of ripening.

Yes people, a "repeat menu", Shabbychic Mom famous risoles, which she very kindly prepared a frozen ones for Miss J.

12 comments:

Shabbymom said...

wah bestnya...kamu dua orang saja kah? mana anak2?....lawa oh rumah mu kan.....very shabby look.....wah minum jus ah sama makan keju & buah saja kamu?...emmmmm kanyangkah?

whimsical said...

Yupp, 2 ja kami.anak-anak Miss J dia tak bawa.hehehehhe ok juga, lain sikit la kanyang dia, mcm kanyang makan "epal hijo" wink wink hmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

UHUuuu...tergoda jugak dgn roti ituu..

did u see naked chef last nite?...I so want the bread NOW

whimsical said...

juememang si Janet boleh kasi kalah Tun M punya The Loaf kan.hahahaha. astaga Jue,tadi i read fast, i thought u were asking whether "I saw A naked chef last nite?" It made me think, why on earth I want to see a naked man cooking..why on earth wakakakakakakak!!!Sekali 3 x i baca balik, rupanya the TV cooking series pula, THE Naked Chef, NOT A Naked Chef kan JUe!!!!wakakakakkakakaak!! Otak blue sikit this monday.

Unknown said...

Whimsy, you know me so well...nEVER take a photo of my face!!! Hahaha!! Panik I mula-mula tu.
What bread did the naked chef bake Jue??? I want see both the bread AND the naked chef!

Unknown said...

CISSSS!!!!! Kurang asam! Apa TV program titled Naked Chef ni???!!! Peh!!!! Lucky I read Whimsy's komen! Ingatkan ada hunky chef yg baking naked!!! Manalah org brani pasang naked chef yang kurus kerdil kan!

Linda said...

I never liked blue cheese until I had it in France. Now it's my favorite.

Unknown said...

Shabbymom, the resoles were so yummy... I telan all, but tapau 2 for my kids. At least not so tamahak lah. None for the hubby. He'll probably eat the children's share. I ate on his behalf! Hihihi!!! Thanks again for the super delicious resoles!

Shabbymom said...

no problem janet......

Val Aziz said...

eee sadap ni cheese+grapes+bread..just missing the wine..

Lee said...

Hi Whimsical, I guess I'll have to take a pass on cheese and tomato....for some reason or other I have never gone overboard for these two....
thus have not eaten pizza, ha ha.

But of course being a gentleman, if invited to a party where above is served, I'll nibble, then point to the sky ask whether its a UFO, and everyone looking up, will pass to my wife who loves cheese and tomato, ha ha.
Miss J seems to be a culinary expert, huh?
You keep well Whimsical, and have a great week, Lee.

Anonymous said...

val, If you're married you won't have otak blue ...like me inesen je...

janet,

that 'naked' chef baked rosemary & garlic bread (dunno the exact term of the bread) but he basically just pressed the rosemary & garlic infused olive oil into the bread dough prior to 2nd proving then baking it in a flat pan, then the finished bread is served cut into pieces like the ones we could get at M&S UK or other good supermkts there...look so yummy mummy