Hello u'ol. As much as I want to avoid the subject, it kept on being thrust to our face on a daily basis. This "fuel increase thing-y". There are many many things that pissed (and am still pissed) me off about the way this situation is being handled. Aku benci betul para menteri said that they are keeping watch on unscrupulous traders who increase prices of goods and services. And do we really see these so-called watched body, actually watching all these things? a very BIG NO! last weekend headlines was how taxi fare Keningau-KK increased by RM5 (from RM20-RM25 to RM30). White bread in most bakery had increased, OMG! previously it was around RM1.80 - RM2.00, and now selling at RM2.40 - RM2.70 per loaf. Gosshhhhh...this is bad.
And our so called leaders kept on harping for a change of lifestyle etc etc etc!!Changing lifestyle - BOOHOOO!!! they are the one who should be CHANGED for not being able to be practical!!! Where are the Sabahan leaders voices? Benciiii betul.
Ok, enough being pissed off. I want to continue with my frugality plan part 2. These are new additions to my plan:
1. Switch detergent to a cheaper brand - Eg:Kao attack to Trojan (saving of almost RM10!). My marketing lecturer once told us (Arwah Prof. Dr. Zainal Abidin - one of the best lecturers ever) that, prices of goods (esp. washing deterggent) are determined by positioning, not so much on the components that made the deterggent. For example, if u want to position your sabun cuci as a high end sabun - u positioned and market them as a high end brand, with higher prices. Most of the expenses goes to marketing cost. Well, I am gonna test his theory. Will update u on the "kebagusan" Trojan detergent.
2. Perfect time to materialise my wish list - :To loose 5 kg" - by eating less rice, bread etc (ini kali the so called changing lifestyle!);
3. Don't patronize food outlet who are "temaha", selfish traders who increased prices indiscriminately;
4. Stop buying newspapers - what a waste of money to buy ridiculous comments and suggestions by our leaders. Instead, read blogs - free and written by real people with real and practical tips.
5. Switch face product to cheaper brand. Uji the Mythinkpad ada mention about whether sunblock, face cream a necessity or not. I think there are a necessity. Maintaining our beauty (hahahahahahahah) is a must! We cannot be penny wise but pound foolish. Cannot go without sunblock. Karang muka jadi hitam - more expenses for treatment. I had switch my sunblock to a cheaper brand. Eg. Estee Lauder (SPF 50, RM158) to Za (SPF 40, RM29.90) and Garnier (SPF 50, RM25). I ll update on the difference after one week u'ol.
Ok, on to the story of the 2 pictures above. I am so happy with my breakfast today. The bean porridge only cost RM1 and the curry puff is also RM1.00 (there were 4 puffs in a packet - but whimsy already gobbled one). I really think they are value for money. The curry puff size not bad u know, about 3 inches (thus, the ruler beside the puff, to show u'ol the size LOL!). There were sold by one of the staff in the office. I will support traders who are not greedy!
Happy frugality day people.